Monday, December 28, 2015

Best of 2015


Hi, Friends! I hope your Christmas was wonderful! Ours was so great! I feel like it gets better and better as the kids get older. I'm so thankful for our little family and the time we got to spend together! 

To close out 2015, I thought it'd be fun to recap some of our favorite projects and most popular posts from the past year! As a blogger, it can be easy to look around the house and see a to-do list, but writing this post has really given me a good look at just how much we got accomplished in the last year. Whew, it was a busy one for us and our power tools have barely had time to cool off! 


We started off the year with one of my favorite projects to date, our repurposed train table! Little Man uses it every day for his Legos! I love that he can easily slide it back under his bed when it's time to clean up! 


I conquered painting our stairwell without needing to hire help or buy a special ladder... and felt ridiculously proud of myself afterward. I think I've racked up about 279 victory dances over that stairwell! 


After our hallway got a fresh coat of paint, I hung a gallery wall and it quickly became my most popular post of all time! Three and a half years of blogging and this is by far my most viewed post. Who knew?! It definitely makes me smile every time I walk by! 


Another post that was super popular with you all was this one on how we organized our shoes. I absolutely love this cabinet and am so thankful to have a solution for our shoe mess! It holds so many shoes that we don't need to keep shoes in the coat closet at all anymore! Hello new found storage space!


Our dining room saw three main changes this year that have made such a difference! We started by hanging a gallery wall of our favorite artwork and photos. Then, I organized the cabinet and haggled for an amazing deal on a new light. The room feels so much lighter and more airy now!


After three years of intermittent playroom projects, we made a big push to finish it up. One of the projects we've been loving is the wall car parking garage we built! It frees up storage on the built-in while adding a fun, decorative touch to the room. The kids really enjoy it! 


Our living room also got a big push this year. We planked above the fireplace and found a great mirror for the mantle that I love! We actually just finished our last big living room project that I'm itching to show you all after the holidays!


One of our biggest projects of 2015 was building the living room built-in. I still walk by it and just have to compliment my husband again on his woodwork. It is beautiful and just like I dreamed up in my head. Jeremy did such a great job on it! It really balances out the living room and feels like it has always been there.


In the fall, I created some no-sew pillows for our front porch and you all loved them! I'm still so excited to have figured out a way to make pillows without needing to do that dreaded sewing thing! ;) 


I also made this textured jute pumpkin and was SO stinking thrilled to see it featured on Huffington Post! Say what?! I'm still grinning from ear to ear over that!


Toward the end of the year, we made the last sprint to finish the playroom and finally revealed it to you all. It feels so good to have this room completely done! The kids love it and enjoy it every day! I'm so glad we let it evolve over time and really think about storage solutions that the kids could utilize independently! 
The last project of 2015 quickly spiraled into our biggest, most intense project of the year! What started out as a simple bathroom refresh turned into a bathroom remodel. What made it even crazier was that the timeline shrunk from 6 weeks to 3 weeks because we were throwing Little Man a party and needed to have this bathroom operational for our guests. That was stressful, but my hubby is a rockstar and we got it done!


We ended the year by putting down the power tools and putting up the twinkle lights and cozy Christmas decor. What a great way to finish out 2015!


Happy New Year, Friends! I'll see you in 2016!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...