Wednesday, October 15, 2014

Patching and Switching

I'm back today to catch you up on what I did for Days Eleven & Twelve of the 31 Days Challenge where I try to tackle one project per day off of my lingering to do list.

Day Eleven: We hung new shades in our master bedroom. Well, technically, they're old shades, but they're a million times better than what was up there before!

A few months ago, we replaced our downstairs roman shades with 2+" faux wood blinds. Here's some pictures to jog your memory of the shades.
I know replacing them is probably not the most popular decision ever because they were SO cute, but we needed more privacy than the roman shades provided. When the shades were open, people could see straight into our home from the road. And trust me, they looked. A lot. Like, made eye contact with me as I was eating dinner. I finally snapped when a sketchy door to door solicitor looked in as he walked down the side walk, saw me playing with my kids, made eye contact, then proceeded to come up and knock on the door. Creeped me out. 

I hated to get rid of the shades, though, because I truly love them and think they are adorable. In our master bedroom, we still had the awful vinyl roller shades that were most likely original to the house. They were torn, warped from the heat, smelled, and didn't work properly. We decided to toss them and put up the roman shades in their place since the windows are the same size. Privacy is not as big of an issue for the master because of where the windows are and which way they are facing, so the shades work perfect.
They SO MUCH BETTER! Those curtains are cheapies we bought when we moved in just to get by and make our room dark enough at night. I hate them and one day, I'll replace them! 

Day Twelve: We finally touched up all the holes we had spackled a while back. When we painted, we didn't spackle several holes, because we assumed we would hang the same things up on the wall. But, of course, we changed our minds after we painted. This is my hubby stopping to "smile" for the picture of him spackling. This is what I'm working with, people. He's crazy and I love him! And, seriously, who has such perfect teeth?!
I'm super thankful not to have to look at white spackle on the walls anymore!

1 comment:

  1. I love the photo of your home and those blinds are gorgeous, wonderful that they fit the windows upstairs!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...