Thursday, May 29, 2014

Living Room Makeover: Pillows + End Table

Lately, I've been on the hunt for some colorful pillows for the living room. I found these at World Market and love the style and how the dark colored buttons tie into the dark wood in the furniture. They are very close to the color of our chair and ottoman, but just a tad too green, so I had them by the back door to return. Boo. 
Image Credit: World Market

Next, I found these gorgeous pillows from West Elm. I loved them and decided to splurge on them with my birthday money gifted to me by some of my sweet family. When I got them home, I realized they were too blue. I loved them way too much to take them back and thought the ivory in the pattern really tied them into the couch. But, the blue was bugging me.
Image Credit: West Elm
Then, as I passed by our entry table, I noticed our vase that faded from green to blue and it hit me. COMBINE the World Market and West Elm pillows! So, I did, and I LOVE it! When the pillows are together, the colors mesh and flow really well with the chair and ottoman.  I bought the smaller version of the vase for the end table in the living room. Check it out! I couldn't find the vases online, but they're from Target. 
Can you spot our new lamp? It matches our washed wood floor lamp. Both the lamp and shade are from Target. I've been eyeing the picture frame for months and finally found it for 50% off! Yay for waiting for a sale! Also from Target, of course. 

We finally replaced our old, beat up end table we bought off Craigslist for $10 six years ago. It did not go at all and was too short. The new one is a much better height and matches the TV stand!
Still lots to do, but it's starting to come together! The rug is ordered and the paint is picked! I'll update you soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...