Wednesday, October 2, 2013

Fall 2013 Door Decor

Last stop on our fall home tour is the front porch! I loved the leaf wreath I made last year, but the preserved leaves faded in the sun by the end of fall, so I couldn't reuse it this year. I decided to go a different route with this year's wreath and try something that wouldn't fade. I may make a new leaf wreath to use indoors next year, though!


I bought a fall berry garland at Michael's with a 40% off coupon. I clipped it in half, then attached half with floral wire to a grapevine wreath. Then, I staggered the other half of the garland on top to fill in the gaps and attached it with floral wire as well.

I painted some burlap ribbon in a chevron print, then used it to make the bow, again attaching it with floral wire. Floral wire is more of a pain than just using hot glue, but I like that I can remove everything if I get tired of it and want to repurpose the grapevine wreath.


I went super simple with the porch decor this year. We are planning to go to the pumpkin patch this year and will add our pumpkins to the decor when we get back. My mums are not doing well at all again this year. I can't figure it out! I baby these things! They are nice and green and get a lot of buds, but then the buds die before they open. I've been keeping them watered as instructed, but still no luck. Any tips on keeping mums alive? I think I just have black thumbs.

Linking up to Southern Hospitality!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...