Monday, September 30, 2013

Fall 2013 Tablescape

First of all, I have to say "EEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!" because we are done with the board and batten!!! We are finishing up a few loose ends and cleaning up all the sawdust, then will be sharing the final reveal! Can't wait to show you! But until then...

More fall decorating has been happening around the house lately! I just completed the centerpiece for our table. I've been wanting to try decorating in cooler colors for fall and have to say, I love it! The cool tones mesh really well with the existing colors in the dining room.


I wanted to use things I already had on hand for the centerpiece...aka, I didn't want to spend money! I grabbed three mason jars from the kitchen, a woven placemat from the breakfast nook, and a berry garland that I had on hand to use on a wreath. I added a white pumpkin, some candles to the small mason jars, and hydrangea blooms to the large mason jar. I've been dying to use the end of summer hydrangea blooms that were still on our bushes and love how they look in the centerpiece!


Update: I had to come back and slip this Instagram picture in. Little Boy saw the centerpiece and gasped, then ran and got the little white pumpkin  from the cabinet and set it next to the big white pumpkin on the table. Then, he declared in a satisfied voice that now the baby pumpkin can be next to the mommy pumpkin. Um, sweetness! And I actually think it looks even better with the baby pumpkin. :)


I used my crafty pumpkins to decorate the teal cabinet. So fun!


I'll share our door decor later this week!

Linking up to Centsational Girl!

1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...