Thursday, October 11, 2012

Honey BBQ

One of my favorite meals is pulled pork sandwiches! My friend Heather taught me how to do pulled pork in the Crock Pot. It's super easy and makes a ton, which means we have enough leftovers for a couple days. Love getting an occasional break in the kitchen, don't you?

A few months ago, I made pulled pork, but didn't realize until dinnertime that we were out of barbecue sauce. I quickly looked up recipes for barbecue sauce and found this Honey Barbecue Sauce on Tasty Kitchen. It is SO good! I make it every time I do pulled pork now! I'm a sucker for a good, sweet barbecue sauce!

Heather's Crock Pot Pulled Pork 

Pork Tenderloin or Boston Butt (I always get boneless)
1/4 cup water
Salt & Pepper
Barbecue Sauce 

Place pork in Crock Pot  Pour in water and salt and pepper the roast. Cover and cook on high for 1 hour, then on low for 7-9 hours. Take pork out and shred with fork. Pour grease out of Crock Pot and discard. Return shredded pork to the Crock Pot and stir in your favorite barbecue sauce. Cook on high for 20 minutes, or until hot. Enjoy by itself or on a bun! 

Honey Barbecue Sauce
I make a double batch for pulled pork.

1 cup ketchup
1/2 cup honey
1/2 cup brown sugar (I usually use dark, but either will work)
1 t. Worcestershire sauce
1 t. apple cider vinegar
1 t. salt
1/2 t. garlic powder
1/2 t. pepper

Add all ingredients to a sauce pan and stir over medium heat with a whisk until brown sugar and honey have melted and the sauce just starts to bubble. Remove from heat. Enjoy! Recipe credit here

Linking up to The Larson Lingo's Crock-tober! Check out all the other yummy Crock Pot recipes, especially Mel's Chicken Parmesan! Looks amazing! 



3 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Haha, I was literally just reading your roast recipe and was going to add it to my meal plan. Looks AMAZING! My Gma used to make one like yours. She gave me her big pot to make it in and told me how she did it, but she doesn't have a set recipe, so mine never turns out the same. Can't wait to try yours! Looks great!

      Delete
  2. YUM. And, a homemade BBQ sauce? Can't wait to try that. I always buy BBQ sauce that has honey in it, so I am so glad you posted this recipe. Can't wait to try it out. Thanks for linking up!!!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...